LAKE OSWEGO, Ore. — Champions, KinderCare Learning Companies’ national before- and after-school program, has been named the provider of choice for three school districts in Pittsburgh, including Baldwin-Whitehall School District, McKeesport Area School District and West Mifflin School District.
The districts opened seven total programs in elementary and middle schools this fall, which are the first Champions sites for the area, at the following schools:
- Homeville Elementary
- West Mifflin Area Middle
- Clara Barton Elementary
- J.E. Harrison Education Center
- Whitehall Elementary
- McAnnulty Elementary
- Francis McClure Elementary
“Working parents are in dire need of support during the time gap between the hours that school begins and workdays end,” said Jim Sidick, Champions Business Development Strategic Director. “Champions is a great resource for parents to know their children are in safe, high-quality learning environments during those out of school times. We are proud to work with West Mifflin, McKeesport Area and Baldwin-Whitehall and looking forward to growing the partnership.”
Nationwide, Champions partners with principals, teachers and parents to create more than 900 before- and after-school and year-round learning environments that spark wonder in children. Champions offers more than just a safe place for children to play but also offers an environment full of learning activities, homework help, healthy snacks and a whole lot of fun.
“School districts are forced to start thinking differently in how we provide high quality, affordable child care services for our community and faculty,” said Dr. Randal Lutz, Superintendent, Baldwin-Whitehall School District. “Champions has been a true partner with us in this work, making a difference in the Baldwin-Whitehall School District.”
Champions research-based, school-age curriculum takes a whole-child approach to teaching the skills kids need to be most successful in life, like creating connections, developing social and emotional skills and building community.
Knowing that cost is often a concern when families are considering their child care programs, Champions can work one-on-one with families to determine what tuition assistance programs they may qualify for, whether that’s state or federal subsidies or employer-sponsored child care benefits.
“Champions accepts both private pay and state subsidy for tuition and works with each school district to scholarship particular families in need,” said Erica Daniels, Champions Regional Manager. “We want to be the best on-site high quality and dependable childcare solution for families — meeting the needs and interests of each school district community we serve.”
Spots are still available in the Pittsburgh school-based before- and after-school programs. Families can learn more by visiting discoverchampions.com.
About KinderCare Learning Companies®
A leading provider early childhood and school-age education and care, KinderCare builds confidence for life in children and families from all backgrounds. KinderCare supports hardworking families in 40 states and the District of Columbia with differentiated flexible child care solutions to meet today’s dynamic work environment:
- In neighborhoods, with KinderCare® Learning Centers that offer early learning programs for children six weeks to 12 years old and with Crème de la Crème®, which offers a premium early education model using a variety of themed classrooms;
- For work, wherever employees work, offering customized employer-supported child care benefits at more locations than any other provider, and
- In local schools, with Champions® before and after-school programs.
KinderCare programs meet the highest standards, validated by independent, third-party evaluation including:
- Gallup, measuring workforce engagement,
- National Association for the Education of Young Children, ensuring individual early learning center quality,
- Cognia, accreditation for before- and after-school programs
- BRIGANCE® and TerraNova® assessments of children’s academic progress and achievement, and
- WELL Health-Safety Rating™, validating health and safety practices in our facilities.
Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, KinderCare operates more than 2,000 early learning centers and sites. In 2023, KinderCare earned its seventh Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award – one of only four organizations worldwide to achieve this milestone for six consecutive years. To learn more, visit KC-Learning.com.