Company already seeing unprecedented demand for school-age summer programs
LAKE OSWEGO, ORE. – Even though it’s the middle of winter, families with school-age children know it’s never too early to think about how their kids will spend their time in the summer– which is why KinderCare Learning Companies has announced their 2023 Champ Camp summer schedule for KinderCare Learning Centers, Champions before- and after-school programs, and select Crème de la Crème child care centers.
As a member of the KinderCare Learning Companies’ family of brands, Champions is backed by the resources and expertise of KinderCare—one of the country’s largest education companies—which serves more than 194,000 children in 40 states.
“This year, we’re seeing more families enrolling their children in our summer programs earlier than ever,” said Dan Figurski, President of Champions. “We polled families and we heard they wanted safe, flexible, and affordable summer camp programs that emphasize unplugged learning. We also know from our annual Parent Confidence Report that 83 percent of families believe it’s important that their children are raised with social-emotional skills, which is why our programs allow children to combine learning with ample opportunity to interact and socialize with peers.”
Throughout the school year, Champions operates more than 800 before- and after-school programs in partnership with elementary and middle schools around the country. During the summer many of those programs host Champ Camp, providing students ages 5-12 with out of classroom learning organized around five key themes based on family feedback:
- Innovation (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Movement (healthy competition and physical activity)
- Creativity (art)
- Friendship (teamwork); and
- Outdoor (nature exploration)
Families requested convenient, flexible and affordable summer programs, which is why Champ Camp is designed to accommodate both full and part-time participation. In addition, KinderCare and Champions work with a variety of state and federal agencies to help families of all means access tuition subsidies.
Champ Camp includes indoor and outdoor group activities as well as field trips designed to help children use their natural creativity and curiosity to learn and develop important social skills, such as independence and resilience. In addition, every day at Champ Camp will include indoor and outdoor free play so children can let their imaginations roam without the use of screentime.
“As full-time working parents, the summer break is an opportunity to send our child to a program where we know he will be safe, be with friends and have fun. We chose to enroll early simply because of the incredible experience he had last summer, and we didn’t want to miss out,” said Brianne Beagan, parent of a Champions student in Rehoboth, Mass.
Families can sign up their school-age children for Champions Champ Camp here. For more information on summer programs for children of all ages in KinderCare centers nationwide, please visit kindercare.com. Families interested in enrolling their children in a Crème de la Crème summer program can visit cremedelacreme.com.
About KinderCare Learning Companies®
A leading provider early childhood and school-age education and care, KinderCare builds confidence for life in children and families from all backgrounds. KinderCare supports hardworking families in 40 states and the District of Columbia with differentiated flexible child care solutions to meet today’s dynamic work environment:
- In neighborhoods, with KinderCare® Learning Centers that offer early learning programs for children six weeks to 12 years old and with Crème de la Crème®, which offers a premium early education model using a variety of themed classrooms;
- At work, through KinderCare Education at Work™, providing customized family benefits for employers across the country, including employer-supported child care benefits, on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care, and
- In local schools, with Champions® before and after-school programs.
KinderCare programs meet the highest standards, validated by independent, third-party evaluation including:
- Gallup, measuring workforce engagement,
- National Association for the Education of Young Children, ensuring individual early learning center quality,
- Cognia, accreditation for before- and after-school programs
- BRIGANCE® and TerraNova® assessments of children’s academic progress and achievement, and
- WELL Health-Safety Rating™, validating health and safety practices in our facilities.
Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, KinderCare operates more than 2,000 early learning centers and sites. In 2022, KinderCare earned its sixth Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award – one of only four organizations worldwide to achieve this milestone for six consecutive years. To learn more, visit KC-Learning.com.