LAKE OSWEGO, Ore. — As summer comes to a close and parents are searching for child care between the hours when work and school days begin and end, Champions, KinderCare Learning Companies’ national before- and after-school program provider, has been named the provider of choice to help close the out of school time care gap for children in Tulsa Public Schools.
Champions will open eight programs in Tulsa Public Schools this fall and an additional 13 programs in the 2024-2025 school year. These will be the first Champions sites in the state of Oklahoma.
“Recent data shows nearly half (46%) of parents said that piecing together enough child care coverage is a significant source of stress,” said Champions Business Development Strategic Director Jim Sidick. “While a 40-hour week is typical for most parents, who is keeping their children during those before- and after-school gaps? That’s why Champions is proud to work with Tulsa Public Schools to meet the needs of working families and be there for them and their children with high-quality learning environments during those out of school times.”
Nationwide, Champions partners with principals, teachers and parents to create more than 900 before- and after-school and year-round learning environments that spark wonder in children. Champions offers more than just a safe place for children to play but also offers an environment full of learning activities, homework help, healthy snacks and a whole lot of fun.
Champions research-based, school-age curriculum takes a whole-child approach to teaching the skills kids need to be most successful in life, like creating connections, developing social and emotional skills and building community.
Spots are still available in the Tulsa school-based before- and after-school programs. Families can learn more by visiting discoverchampions.com.
About KinderCare Learning Companies®
A leading provider early childhood and school-age education and care, KinderCare builds confidence for life in children and families from all backgrounds. KinderCare supports hardworking families in 40 states and the District of Columbia with differentiated flexible child care solutions to meet today’s dynamic work environment:
- In neighborhoods, with KinderCare® Learning Centers that offer early learning programs for children six weeks to 12 years old and with Crème de la Crème®, which offers a premium early education model using a variety of themed classrooms;
- For work, wherever employees work, offering customized employer-supported child care benefits at more locations than any other provider, and
- In local schools, with Champions® before and after-school programs.
KinderCare programs meet the highest standards, validated by independent, third-party evaluation including:
- Gallup, measuring workforce engagement,
- National Association for the Education of Young Children, ensuring individual early learning center quality,
- Cognia, accreditation for before- and after-school programs
- BRIGANCE® and TerraNova® assessments of children’s academic progress and achievement, and
- WELL Health-Safety Rating™, validating health and safety practices in our facilities.
Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, KinderCare operates more than 2,000 early learning centers and sites. In 2023, KinderCare earned its seventh Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award – one of only four organizations worldwide to achieve this milestone for six consecutive years. To learn more, visit KC-Learning.com.