Scholarship will support alumni from across all of KinderCare’s family of early learning brands in their pursuit of a college education
Lake Oswego, Ore. (December 13, 2023) – KinderCare Learning Companies® today announced that it is expanding scholarship eligibility to include alumni from all of the company’s brands across the country for the 2024-2025 school year.The KinderCare Learning Companies’ Kids Scholarship Fund celebrates the achievements of college-bound alumni from across its family of brands, including KinderCare Learning Centers, Champions Before- and After-School Programs and Crème de la Crème Early Learning Centers.
Since its inception in 2019, the scholarship program has been awarded to 100 students from across the country. This year, scholarships will be given to 20 alumni in the amount of up to $5,000 each to be applied toward the 2024-2025 academic year. Former recipients are encouraged to re-apply, as the program is renewable.
“We’re proud to support our students beyond their early years. When we say we build confidence for life, we do so to encourage children to be successful far beyond their time in our programs,” said Tom Wyatt, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of KinderCare. “All children deserve a high-quality education — no matter the path they take in their career — and we are proud to offer this scholarship to help support them on their journey.”
Applications will be accepted now through April 1, 2024. To learn more about eligibility requirements and to apply, click here.
About KinderCare Learning Companies®
A leading provider early childhood and school-age education and care, KinderCare builds confidence for life in children and families from all backgrounds. KinderCare supports hardworking families in 40 states and the District of Columbia with differentiated flexible child care solutions to meet today’s dynamic work environment:
- In neighborhoods, with KinderCare® Learning Centers that offer early learning programs for children six weeks to 12 years old and with Crème de la Crème®, which offers a premium early education model using a variety of themed classrooms;
- For work, wherever employees work, offering customized employer-supported child care benefits at more locations than any other provider, and
- In local schools, with Champions® before and after-school programs.
KinderCare programs meet the highest standards, validated by independent, third-party evaluation including:
- Gallup, measuring workforce engagement,
- National Association for the Education of Young Children, ensuring individual early learning center quality,
- Cognia, accreditation for before- and after-school programs
- BRIGANCE® and TerraNova® assessments of children’s academic progress and achievement, and
- WELL Health-Safety Rating™, validating health and safety practices in our facilities.
Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, KinderCare operates more than 2,000 early learning centers and sites. In 2023, KinderCare earned its seventh Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award – one of only four organizations worldwide to achieve this milestone for six consecutive years. To learn more, visit KC-Learning.com.