LAKE OSWEGO, ORE. – Teacher Appreciation Week is here and KinderCare Learning Companies®
has 35,000 reasons to celebrate as they acknowledge and thank teachers and staff at their programs around the country. KinderCare’s family of brands serves more than 194,000 children ages 0-12 years old in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
“Teachers are more than educators: They are an essential part of the support team for each family they serve,” said Dr. Marquita Davis, Chief Academic Officer for KinderCare. “At KinderCare we’re proud to provide a professional home for the thousands of career educators in our centers and programs.”
In addition to celebrating all of their teachers around the country, KinderCare is recognizing this year’s Esteemed Educators — teachers who have been part of the KinderCare family for 40 years or longer.
The 2023 Esteemed Educators are:
- Janyth Benson from Auburn, Wash.
- Gail Blair from Sterling Heights, Mich.
- Martha Drummins from Indianapolis, Ind.
- Uma Goel from Hazelwood, Mo.
- Antoinette Johnson from West Covina, Calif.
- Dawn Mahaney from South Windsor, Conn.
- Deloris Ann Rhynes from Gulfport, Miss.
- Cynthia Rojic from Bloomingdale, Ill.
- Abby Staschke from Dearborn, Mich.
- Mary Williams from Brookhaven, Ga.
- Patricia Wright from El Paso, Texas
The company offers competitive salary and benefits including significantly reduced child care rates as well as a friendly and creative atmosphere where teachers are part of a team of caring, skilled professionals.
About KinderCare Learning Companies®
As a leading provider of early childhood and school-age education and care, KinderCare builds confidence for life in children and families from all backgrounds. KinderCare supports hardworking families in 40 states and the District of Columbia with differentiated flexible child care solutions to meet today’s dynamic work environment:
- In neighborhoods, with KinderCare® Learning Centers that offer early learning programs for children six weeks to 12 years old and with Crème de la Crème®, which offers a premium early education model using a variety of themed classrooms;
- At work, through KinderCare Learning Companies for Employers™, providing customized family benefits for employers across the country, including employer-supported child care benefits, on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care, and
- In local schools, with Champions® before and after-school programs.
KinderCare programs meet the highest standards, validated by independent, third-party evaluation including:
- Gallup, measuring workforce engagement,
- National Association for the Education of Young Children, ensuring individual early learning center quality through a rigorous accreditation process,
- Cognia, accreditation for before- and after-school programs
- BRIGANCE® and TerraNova® assessments of children’s development, academic progress and achievement, and
- WELL Health-Safety Rating™, validating health and safety practices in our facilities.
Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, KinderCare operates more than 2,000 early learning centers and sites. In 2023, KinderCare earned its seventh Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award – one of only four organizations worldwide to achieve this milestone for seven consecutive years. To learn more, visit KC-Learning.com